Kids need good quality nourishing foods to maintain health and wellbeing. Avoiding processed foods, and eating a low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet is important for overall physical, mental, and cognitive health. Specifically, just a few of the benefits of eating this way include:
- Elimination of seasonal allergies.
- Appropriate physical, mental, and cognitive development.
- Increased stamina and stable energy.
- Improved learning, concentration, memory, and ability to cope with stress.
In this episode I cover:
- what exactly it means to eat low carb, high fat, moderate protein
- what the benefits are and who it helps
- we bust some myths about this way of nourishing our family
- we talk about what science is available and what the long-term studies show
- important modifications for children
Ready for more?
Episode 020's freebie is all about keto kids and keto fam and flipping the keto, or should I say "paleto" (paleo/keto) switch! Download it for tips, tricks, snack ideas, and the keto dairy free ice cream recipe!