We have quiet the challenge in our house. We always try to eat healthy and organic for one, but we are working it on a budget ($125 or less per week for a family of 4), and we have 2 gluten allergies plus one keto eater. Luckily all of us LOVE pizza! So that part is easy.
I scoured the inter-webs (read I searched on Pinterest while catching up on Shameless episodes on Netflix) to find the very best ideas for gluten free, grain free, keto pizza recipes. We generally eat Paleo/Primal, however there is a LOT of cheese in this recipe. If you aren’t a cheese-eater, then feel free to substitute whatever you like. Okay peeps here is what I came up with (adapted from a combination of recipes on the web and my own personal trial and error), I call this “Forkin’ Pizza”:
8 ounces full fat Cream Cheese, softened
2 eggs (from happy chickens)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan (Don’t be lazy! Save some moola and buy the block and grate it yourself.)
Grass-fed Butter or Coconut Oil
Small can of Organic Tomato Sauce (you can buy pizza sauce but it will have sugar)
Ground Italian Sausage HOT (from happy pigs)
Mozzarella (whole milk – not that partial skim mess)
Baby Spinach (optional, and you could add any other veggies to your liking)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the “crust” ingredients well. I used a hand mixer to make sure it was mixed well. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9×13 glass baking pan with butter (or coconut oil).
- Spread the “crust” mixture onto the bottom of the pan. It will be about 1/3″ thick. Try tilting the pan to make it evenly distributed.
- Cook in the oven for at least 20 minutes or until it is a light golden brown. (See my picture, this is NOT dark enough.)
- Once crust is done, remove from the oven and let it sit for 15 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile pre-heat oven up to 415 degrees.
- Next spread 4 tbsp of your sauce over the crust.
- Sprinkle with toppings (italian sausage, pepperoni, crumbled bacon, baby spinach).
- Crumble the cheese over the top. (we also added some asiago and parm)
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let cool for 10 min to set, voila!
My 6 year old is pretty darn picky and she chowed down! We served it with Keto Caesar Salads.