Zinc deficiency affects a tracked 2 billion people. Zinc is one of the most important minerals in the body - it's essential for overall health and needed for activity in over 100 different enzymes. Zinc is necessary for healthy brain function, gut health, the suppression of excess inflammation, proper mood function, hormone production, protein synthesis, DNA metabolism, energy, stress response, growth and development, and taste acuity.
In this episode you will learn about:
- what causes Zinc deficiency
- how to test for it at home
- what to do if you are deficient in zinc or suspect you are
Here are the options for Zinc Deficiency Test:
Option 1: You don't notice any significant taste. Tastes like water for 30 seconds.
Interpretation: You have a strong deficiency and need to supplement
Option 2: You don't notice anything immediately, but after a few seconds, you notice a subtle taste. It might taste dry, furry, sweet, or like minerals.
Interpretation: Suggests a moderate zinc deficiency, need to supplement
Option 3: There is a definite taste immediately, grows stronger over 30 seconds. It's not super unpleasant but it is there.
Interpretation: You have a mild deficiency, and should probably supplement.
Option 4: You notice a very strong, undesirable taste right away.
Interpretation: You likely are not deficient. No supplementation needed
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED Episode 189:
- Biotics Zinc (under General Wellness)
- Stomach Acid at Home Test
- Ask a question for an upcoming episode
- Root Cause Revolution Membership (supported) DIY (This is the detox stuff)
- Free Download the Root Cause Revolution Kickstart
- Complimentary Mini Case Review
- Wellness Circle (free group)