Continuing our discussion on the benefits and protection of and from the sun… what do you do if you get burned?
Well I haven’t been sunburned in a long, long while. But many of my neighbors get burned all the time! I have handed out 2 sprays THIS week alone!
You Will Need:
- 1/3 cup witch hazel (where to buy witchhazel)
- 3 tablespoons pure aloe vera gel (I like to use aloe from my plant. You can buy gel here)
- 10 drops of pure lavender essential oil (my preferred brands)
- 10 drops of pure peppermint essential oil
- 4 oz (or larger) spray bottle (you can find those here)
We keep an aloe vera plant in the summer and we just pluck a leaf off and use the aloe juice to rub on any part that is feeling a little “over done.” (This is waaaaaay more effective than the lime green Aloe gel you will find at the grocery store.)
Apple Cider Vinegar
Mix it 1 part ACV to 2 parts water and mist it on the burned area. You will smell like a vegetable salad, but it will take the heat out.
What’s your favorite remedy?