30 Free Ways to Get Started
Reversing autoimmune disease doesn't have to be crazy expensive. One of the things I hear pretty often is that I can't reverse my condition because it's too expensive. So I thought it would be fun to give you 30 ways to get started on your path to reverse your autoimmune disease for FREE.
The reality is you don't need a bunch of pills, powders, potions, supplements, expensive laser treatments, etc...you just need a little dedication.
30 FREE Ways to Get Started Reversing Autoimmune Disease
Here's the list, take what resonates and leave what doesn't:
- Track your symptoms. Frankly, you can't know where to start backing up if you don't know what you are dealing with. It is so easy to get frustrated when you are on this path trying to reverse autoimmune disease and often it comes from that ol' forgetfulness. (It's the same phenomenon that makes you want to have another child even if you struggled with pregnancy, delivery, the first year, etc.)
- Earthing. Yes! Getting your bare feet on the Earth for 20 minutes a day is so beneficial in reducing pain and inflammation. If you can't get bare skin on the earth, touching an animal that is touching the earth OR touching a plant in the Earth (like a tree or bush) will do the trick. Concrete works too
- Triangle Breathing. This simple breathing technique that reduces cortisol dramatically in 1-2 minutes. All you do is inhale for 4, hold your breath for 4, exhale for 4, inhale for 4, hold your breath for 4, exhale for 4...repeat.
- Lights out 8 hours before ya get up. Yup, set yourself a bedtime and keep it always. There should be rare exceptions to this rule.
- Dark room. Make sure your room is pitch black at night. No LEDs on alarm clocks, no light from the windows, no electronics power lights, and for SURE no TV to drift off to sleep.
- Download the free Autoimmune Revolution Kickstart. It's so simple! 5 Easy (free) steps to get you on your way to starting a revolution in your health and wellness.
- No devices 2 hours before bedtime. 10 hours before you get up in the morning, turn off your phone, tablet, computer and put it away. Don't let FOMO stop you from getting started.
- Morning light. When you get up in the morning, spend 20 minutes outside in the morning light. This helps to sync your circadian rhythm.
- Square breathing. This simple breathing technique that causes muscles to reach the release and relax state, it takes about 4-5 m minutes. All you do is inhale for 4, hold your breath for 4, exhale for 4, hold for 4, inhale for 4, hold your breath for 4, exhale for 4, hold for 4, and do this breath with sound, but through your nose...repeat. Breathing is critical to reverse autoimmune disease.
- Yoga. Do you know how much free yoga for all abilities is on the internet? Yoga is a beautiful practice for connecting with your body (so you can hear the messages).
- Walking. It doesn't even have to be outside - best if it is - but you can walk indoors, outdoors, in the woods, on the sidewalk. This gentle movement no matter how far you go is critical for keeping your body functioning.
- Assess yourself. Start with my free quiz here. Then you will receive many trackers in your inbox so that you can get to the bottom of the causes for your symptoms.
- Eat more plants. This saves tons of money in the grocery store and tons of inflammation in your human suit. Eat 85-95% whole plants. It's the fastest way to fix things.
- Avoid caffeine after 2 pm. (e.g. tea (even green), coffee, soda (you aren't doing that regularly anyway, right?), chocolate, etc. Yes, it can affect you that many hours later.
- Listen to the Autoimmune Revolution Podcast. Did you know I give free advice on there every single week? And many listeners use just that to heal themselves. Crazy Right? Here's where you can find it. (Leave me a review too!)
- Gluten and dairy-free. Take one giant leap for your health and make the switch to plant-based milk and cheeses and kick gluten to the curb. I have a free guide on that - just reach out to email@example.com and I will send it your way!
- EFT. There are so many EFT videos available for free! Even a free app. Take advantage of this free information - EFT can dramatically reduce pain, and stress, and anxiety. And thanks to mirror-neurons - it can help other's in your family without their participation.
- Gratitude. Start writing a list every day of things you are thankful for. And don't forget to include your strong and healthy body! Gratitude has the power to revolutionize your world.
- Energy medicine. Learn how to reduce pain, inflammation, and balance the body with energy medicine. Free videos in the Wellness Circle.
- Journal. Brain dump every night into a journal. Just write until nothing else comes out.
- Test food intolerance. This goes back to tracking. You will need to simply track what you eat, what your symptoms/mood is, and what your bowel movements look like. Easy peasy! Then give up 1 food group (start with one of the big 3, dairy, gluten, or eggs) for a week. Then start it back and keep going. What changed?
- Join the Wellness Circle. Each week we do a free mini-training, free Office Hours, Recipe Pod, and Challenge and so much more. It's a great community of people on similar healing journeys.
- Grounding. Very similar to Earthing but can be done indoors. Simply sit with your eyes closed and imagine a cord running from your tailbone to the center of the Earth and exchanging energy with your human suit.
- Tai chi. Just like yoga - this is a beautiful practice to heal your human suit and connect to the messages your body is trying to receive. If you live in a metro area, check the parks early morning, I have often seen Tai Chi practices in my travels. If not - helllllloooo internet! Free how-to's everywhere!
- Toxic household cleaning products. They have got. to. go. Save yourself money and inflammation and get on the water and vinegar cleaning train. Get rid of your dryer sheets and fabric softener (that's bad for your clothes and your body). And remember if you get enticed by the cleaning aisle at the grocery store - "all-natural" is "all marketing."
- Toxic topical products. Get rid of them. Your artificially scented soaps, shampoos, your root boosting stuff, your makeup that isn't natural, all of it...adding to your symptoms and sickness.
- Stress reduction. Make a list of what is causing you stress, and really sit with is it worth it? Is it helpful and healing to anyone? This might take prioritizing yourself over 55 kid activities and parties, overtaking on extra projects at work, overdoing everything for every member of your family. It may be as simple as sitting at your computer and googling stress-reduction techniques and trying them on until one fits.
- Look up and breathe. Have you ever tried looking up and thinking negative thoughts? It's really hard! Just like it's hard to look down at your feet and think positive thoughts. Now think how much time you spend looking down at your...phone for example. Take pauses throughout your day to stop and look up and breathe. Mindset is more than half the battle to conquering anything.
- Get your mindset right. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, either way, you are right.”? The SAME goes for your health and wellbeing, especially when you are working with a persistent or autoimmune issue. Make up your mind that you are capable of healing, your body is capable of healing, you are capable of leaving behind warrior status and becoming an autoimmune conqueror, finding long-term relief and remission from your autoimmune disease.
- Ask for help. I am here to answer your questions always. I can point you in the right direction, I can tell you which supplements aren't working. I got you. Just reach out. I have been there and have helped 1000s of women before you. firstname.lastname@example.org
To wrap this up...
To wrap this up - taking steps to reverse autoimmune disease doesn't have to be an outrageously expensive process! You can reverse autoimmune by taking steps in your life and wellness that are free and save you money in the long run.
I hope you have the most magical and restful day friends, and I challenge you to leave your world, however you can, a little better than how you found it when you got up this morning.